Tuesday, July 14, 2009

new class - started



I have finally started the Jenni Bowlin class. Our first project was to come up with an inspiration board to place pieces to inspire us (funnily enough).
After searching many op shops and second hand stores for an appropriate frame (very little choice in Canberra) I found this at home of course. The material is from addicted to fabric that I tea stained and then tied some ribbon around the base to hold in any objects I find.

My first inspiration piece is from a pack of antique Japanese fabrics I bought at the craft fair last year, just the off cut, the actual fabric was a luscious red. Love the texture of this piece as well as the colour variation.

I now have to do a layout with a milk top that is yet to arrive in the mail. When I was home I picked up all Mum's old photos so should be able to find a suitable farm based picture to do. So far I am impressed with the amount of information coming out and plenty of projects to do. All good fun.

No comments: