Tuesday, August 25, 2009

next experiment



Found some old photos (also called cabinet cards I have just learnt), including one of this not so happy bride. It is dated 1895 and I think I will (with her permission of course..)use her often. This is copied onto some 100% cotton especially made for printing on. Not sure where to go from here but I will persist....

Since starting this i have of course gone back to my seed head embroidery and have made a cool dragonfly out of wire beads and a screw. Will take photos soon.

PS I am in love with the girl in my new header, such an untypical pose for that era photo, she will also be popping up occasionally (see here)

2 comments:

Mia said...

Love new header...

Laura said...

The new header is fabulous and I love the stitching and lace on the cabinet card.