Wednesday, September 2, 2009

better than christmas



My August Cocoa Daisy kit arrived today and oh my goodness it is full of good things. I had ordered some add ons in my July kit but due to a mix up they were sent to someone else. So the very lovely Tricia sent them with this months kit as well as a few extra goodies. I can't wait to get started playing with these, my favourites are the cards (the bottom photo), aren't they wonderful, the only drawback is that they are double sided, which side to use?. Next month Ali Edwards has picked out her favs and I can't wait for them as well, too much fun.


Henry has been home for a week and a half now. He had a fever, followed by a cold which inevitability triggers his asthma. Monday night he complained of a sore ear and sure enough a trip to our doctor on Tuesday ended with antibiotics. It is going to be a struggle to get him back into school mode but tomorrow he shall go (fingers crossed).

Tonight we are off to Matt's house dinner, a farewell for the year 12's. I can't believe it will be Matt's turn this time next year. As a bonus, Matt and his friend James are hosting tonight, which will be interesting as I have never heard Matt speak in public before. He isn't nervous (yet) but the boys are all so self confident, it amazes me every year.

have a good week x

ps Matt ended up with 20/20 for his derivative vampire story printed on my parchment paper so I think I can claim full responsibility for those marks, I am sure the content of the story had nothing to do with it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh Karen! I love your kit photo - you got pretty, pretty add-ons! Have fun playing.

Hope your little one is feeling better soon! Laura (flapjack @ CD!). x

Laura said...

I forgot to say - I have the same problem with the journaling cards - both sides are so pretty I don't know which to use either! x