Saturday, October 10, 2009

The studio challenge



We had to make a lo with at least three patterned papers, only handcutting (ie no punches, die cutters etc allowed) and then make a card and an embellishment with the left over papers. i am not a card maker so this was a challenge.

Luckily my cocoa daisy kit arrived last week and it has some of the yummiest papers in it (I know I say this every month, but I can see me actually using up the whole kit very quickly - never happened before).

I ended up making a card for Mrs Barry - Henry's teacher who has been wonderful this year, as well as a flower with my favourite curly wire stem. Really pleased with the way they have turned out!

I received my first cocoa daisy circle journal from Sue yesterday - can't show pictures until the end but the topic is ' she... ' (finish off the sentence with something inspirational, funny etc. the possibilities are endless and the finished product will be great, many different points of view from around the globe.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Karen, I LOVE that card you made, it's so fab! What a great idea to use the pencil paper in that way.
L
xx

Irini said...

Karen...love the layout and card.
i have missed reading your blog as you know things have been difficult this past week!
fabulous work

Unknown said...

Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio