Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Toy Society Christmas drop



Finally got around to making a toy to drop just before we went away. The toy society has had a big world wide christmas drop, over 180 toys hand made and dropped. love this idea as I have said before.

I didn't venture far this time as we had visitors arrivng and the genral madness of Christmas limited my options - so down to a local park to drop my little doll off. This was a pattern from the original softies book and she came out quite well I think.

Glad to be back in peaceful Canberra but it was lovely to go swimming whenever we wanted at Mum and dad's place. More pictures soon (including my beautiful new niece x).

4 comments:

Mama Tuttle said...

What a delightful little doll!

Unknown said...

Laura, what an amazing thing you did! That is so sweet. I checked out the toy blog and love it :D

Barb said...

I LOVE the idea of a toy drop... I've seen this on a few blogs, and if I knew how to sew, I would totally do this! :P

Laura said...

This is such a fabulous idea and what a lovely doll! I am going to bookmark that site and put it on my list of things to do this year!