Thursday, February 18, 2010

Who doesn't love the 80's?


For the Guest DT member for March, Sketchy Thursday came up with this sketch and the following requirements :

With this sketch, Show us some 80s style AND feature black, white, and hot pink.

Hellooo, I am such an 80's girl, the point of my life, high school and university, meeting lifelong Friends (not to mention the hubby). But of course the 80's was all about the music.

My first album purchase with my very own money was Lionel Ritchie's "dancing on the ceiling".
It then progressed to the more adult Air supply numbers (still guaranteed to send me to sleep as I always played it after lights out).

The next albums that have great memories I think stand the test of time. The Police, Synchronicity, INXS (my first concert) and Talking Heads, such a university band. staying up most of the night watching Rage after a night out, all the New Romantic bands and all the live gigs, wonderful memories.

Oh yes, the photo is taken on my Year 12 farewell dinner - at least half the girls wore shades of blue taffeta or satin. Lots of bows, flounces and court shoes. And of course the PERM...

ENJOY xx

3 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Karen, this is fabulous, I just love it!!!!!

Irini said...

Oh karen we are soul sisters then and now. I too finished HS in 1985 and the 80's was the decade where it all happened for us....university,parties dreams etc.
love the layout....I took a walk down memory lane with INXS and Talking heads great stuff!!

heidi said...

LOVE it! And INXS was my first concert, too!!! thanks for playing along with us! - heidi, sketchy thursdays