Friday, April 23, 2010

Holiday Fun

The weather in Canberra for the past fortnight has been perfect, lots of warm sunny, windless days and cooler nights. We have spent these holidays determined to get out every day, sometimes just wandering around, sometimes to visit Canberra's local attractions. we also made it across to Grandma's on the coast.

Lots of photo opportunities but not much time for scrapping. Luckily there appears to be a nice convergence of Canberra's weather turning nasty tomorrow and Cocoa Daisy is having a spring crop (ahh taunting me as winter starts to beckon here...)


In the meantime I managed to get a couple done today first for sketchy Thursday, i missed last weeks for the first time in an age and I have to admit this is a fairly loose interpretation of the sketch. It is Henry having an absolute ball in the surf at Mollymook. Geoff also went in, Meaghan and I didn't quite make it under but the water was surprisingly warm.




This one is for page maps, for a cracker of a prize, loving this Couture Cardstock, haven't seen it locally yet. We went to the local aviary (conveniently located near our local scrapping store, where I may or may not have spent a little bit on the way out...)

Meaghan loves visiting the bird aviary (Henry likes the idea but is less keen on the birds actually landing on him ). This bird initially came to me but I handed him over to Meaghan where this little fellow decided that Meaghan's Hair was the best smelling item ever. He kept burrowing in and nibbling her neck, very funny. The shampoo she used must be lovely and fruity I suspect.

A lot of the supplies are from the latest Cocoa Daisy kit, which, as we don't have any active volcano's near us, got here on time, yay. It is full on lots of goodness this time, wish I had ordered more stuff, but I always think that.

Nice long weekend here for ANZAC day, Herny watched Kokoda on the tv last night so we are taking him off to the War Memorial over the weekend, seems appropriate.

have a great weekend, I may catch up with some of you {hopefully} at the crop. xx

4 comments:

Irini said...

fab layouts love the ink spotting on the first layout....and the title on the second is very funny!!
well you guys are heading into winter and we into summer and we are both experiencing unseasonable warm weather!

Tessa Buys said...

I love, love, love both of these! The splatters on your ST layout are fantastic!

Diana Fisher said...

Great pages, and I love how grungy the ST one is!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! Love both your pages!!!! I am LOVING the paint splatters on your Sketchy Thursdays one!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)