Monday, August 23, 2010

Election Day

Well, after weeks of dreadful campaigning on both sides, we have a hung parliament- well hooray...

On a more exciting note, matt came with us to vote for the very first time (although if I am completely honest, I suspect 13yo Meaghan has a better grasp of politics than Matt does. After reading, legitimitly I might add, her facebook page, her and her friends had a lively debate about the outcome. This also involved lots of >:( and ;) and many many !!!!!!! and a few ???).

Lo break before my political say (non Australians may want to look away soon after...). this is Matt on polling day, I wasn't allowed to take one of him voting, Matt imposed ban). this is using a Design Dollies sketch and I have dug out my digital supplies, it has been a while.




Any way we successfully numbered the boxes, mercifully small in our electorate. Today they are talking of another election soon, I will agree to this only if all politicians are banned from using the following words and phrases- moving forward, working families, great big new tax, stopping the boats (don't get me started on this, grrrr), ranga, budgie smugglers, faceless power brokers, just to name a few. Please feel free to add some of your own.

I would be more than happy to hear the following words that were missing or very watered down to invisibility this election - indigenous people and the environment. Do those in power not remember the last election??

Rant over.

Have a great day, xx

1 comment:

KarenB said...

Love love LOVE your layout Karen, and what a fabulous theme too. It will be interesting to see what the final election result is, (though don't get me started on politicians...)