Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy First day Of Spring

...and it is actually warm (and very windy) here today. 17 degrees already!!! So good to have the smell of spring in the air, good for the soul.

Finally got to go out with my friends last night to celebrate a few birthdays (Jo's, Jodie's and myself). It was a great night, full of laughter as usual and a bit of dessert swapping at the end, always the highlight of the meal. I love the whole present thing (getting is good, giving is better). This year I haven't made anything for the girls so I have put some effort into the wrapping. This time I was inspired by a Webster's Pages photo on face book. I used their papers as the basis and added some skeletal leaves and prima flowers. Glue dots hold all of it together (far less messier that glue, I discovered that the hard way...).

This box was for Jodie -
This (Claudine Hellmuth's Collage book, may have to order a copy for myself) was wrapped in white tissue paper, with the flowers (not actually Prima flowers, not sure who made these ones) attached to the patterned paper.
I saw the book in Borders for what I thought was a highly exorbitant price, so I came home ordered it from The Book Depository, located in the UK (love that place, free postage worldwide). The funny thing was, Jo did exactly the same thing. She got me a gorgeous book binding book from the same place - talk about great minds.

Ok onto my LO of the day. This sketch is from Twisted sketches with the twist being a tree. I took this photo with my new mobile phone camera and I am quite pleased with the sharpness of the picture. Inside, not so good but I will mostly use it when i am walking and can't be bothered taking my normal camera.Not my usual style of LO but that's OK.

Off to put some more clothes on the line, 3rd load today, perfect drying weather.

have a great day xx

4 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

OMG.... Those wrappings are like the AWESOMEST! I am suprised the pressies got opened.
Great layout too, it's good to step out of the old comfort zone sometimes

Mia said...

Hope u don't mind - I'll be nabbing those gorgeous photos for my own birthday post - what a delight that whole gift giving/wrapping thing has become! Oh and I am so loving my claudine book.

Jodie said...

I love my beautiful gift box and the gorgeous little pressie inside! Thanks Karen! It was a wonderful night with some very special ladies! xx

Irini said...

You are looking forward to spring we are looking forward to cooler weather we have had a very hot and disgusting humid summer it has been horrible....
Love the box those papers are gorgeous!!