Friday, October 22, 2010

This is one for Irini

and I owe her an email (sorry my friend..). Any way, Irini has recently started a new challenge blog, for both Greek scrappers and, luckily for us, international crafters. yay!!

The first challenge was autumnal (always 6 months out here!), using classic autumn colours and to incorporate a leaf in somewhere. I used one of the photo's I took of Henry while we were visiting floriade (our local spring/bulb show). He has picked up a bad habit, from his big sister, of scowling when I want a photo of him. This has occurred at an earlier age than the other two. Is it their direct influence, or because I am a scrapper and take too many photo's now?? i think I shall just blame the siblings...



So go check out Irini's site, it has a great prize this month, and the second challenge is up as well.

I have been busy this evening as well as Geoff has been working late. So I did a couple more of the sketch challenges from pencil lines, so much work has gone into their 4th birthday challenges.

I was going to apologise to my little bro for these photo's but I wouldn't really mean it...

This one is using sketch #43, and is, well obviously digital, mostly elements from 9th and bloom again.

And lastly sketch #108, this is Meaghan many years ago (I think this was just after her horrible cow stage..) She loved this dolly but unfortunately we lost her when we were shopping one day. replacements were never the same. I can see a resemblance to her cousin Emma (who is about this age now) in this photo, both very cute.


Henry starts cricket tomorrow - should be interesting. Matt (only three exams left in the next 2 weeks!!) and Meaghan will probably spend the day at the Girls grammar fete and I will be gardening (and possibly bike riding) should be an ok weekend.

Holiday planning has come to a bit of a stop - not good when we only have 7 weeks to book, and over the Christmas break. We have made it to Laos, and still need to book flights back through Vietnam and back to Malaysia and then home (not to mention accommodation...).

Hmm, must get on...

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love all of these Karen!! LOVING the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irini said...

Oh Karen i love all the layouts you are on a very creative roll!!!
Thank you for taking part in the challenge (insert kisses) Henry is precious in the photo....yeah blame it on the siblings!!
I know you are a busy mum so I will wait patiently for you email LOL....good luck with the holiday planning by Greek standards you are months ahead in booking...things are very laid back here flights and hotels are booked barely a week before they leave for they vacation!!