Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holiday planning

Today I am more than pleased for the wonderful internet that allows me to book a holiday to suit us and not need a travel agent to do it for us.

We are spending close to a week in a place called Luang Prabang in the North of Laos. I have just booked a couple of nights at this place , very rustic but rave reviews about the experience from people who have stayed there. And each bungalow has it's own bathroom, my only requirement, I DO NOT like sharing bathrooms with strangers!!

When we showed Henry the pictures and asked if he wanted to stay there he asked if they had mosquito nets, and got the thumbs up when we confirmed this. Doesn't take much to satisfy our littlest traveller!! (I'm not sure if we will show Meaghan yet or not, she likes a little more comfort...)

We will then spend the rest of the week (including Christmas) in the town itself. Getting excited now...


Oh and we have booked our flight back to Melbourne from Kuala Lumper (very cheap), so now we just have to get from Laos back to Malaysia, hopefully via Vietnam..

have a great day. xx

PS I'm thinking about my 7 unknowns for Jo and will post tomorrow.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh how fun! I wanna come! :):):):):):):):)

Walter Mason said...

Looks fantastic. I love Luang Prabang, and want to go back and spend some more time there. It is quite sleepy, but so much fun. Bon voyage!

Walter Mason said...

My post about Luang Prabang from this time last year. Just to get you excited.


http://www.waltermason.com/2009/11/luang-prabang.html