Wednesday, February 9, 2011

back to school

After 2 months off(!!!!!) the kids are finally back at school. And although this usually makes me very happy (except for the whole getting up early, getting lunches ready and uniform thing), yesterday I still had Geoff and Matt at home. and they take up space that is by rights mine!! Geoff is now working from home so this situation will continue for some time.

This would not be so bad but where I scrap (ie our bedroom and lets face it, our bed is used as a sort of extension desk) is also where his desk is as well. And as he has phone meetings constantly, I can no longer reside in there during office hours. humph! So time to relocate, hopefully I can squeeze a space out somewhere else - I will let you know..

The kids were equally impressed (not) with going to school. Henry had been up very early the day before (birthday boy) and still had bags under his eyes.


Meaghan tolerated a couple of photos

but then...


enough!
Anyway onto more important matters, the latest Design Dollies challenge is out. This week is colours and I will admit I struggled with this one! I completely lack any scrapping material that is purple. And I do love purple and green together.

It's not that I dislike purple but manufacturers seem to struggle with producing purple items (well ones that I like anyway!) Although I did notice some yummy new Nikki Sivils purple that I would use.

As I had no such yumminess I resorted to paint. Not entirely rapt with the final product but not too bad...
Everywhere we went in Laos, esp the temples, there were cats. And not mangy cats, they were skinny but obviously looked after as well. The bungalows we stayed at had a couple of pet cats (that were several kilos lighter than our enormous cat) that happily sat on your lap as soon as you sat down. Luckily we are a cat rather than a dog family so we enjoyed the company.

And in Hanoi, the hotel had also acquired a pet kitten, who as well as being fairly noisy, enjoyed sitting on the modem, and constantly overheating it!


Anyway come on over, check out the other dollies wonderful creations and show me your purple, green and cream creations, I am sure I will learn a thing or two from you!

xx

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the way you made the colors work!! And hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... you like Nikki's Sugar Cookie line...hmmmmmmm send me your addy...and I am thinking I can take care of that for you! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irini said...

Love the layout!
Poor Henry I hope he has recovered by now!
Hope you get your space back real real soon.....

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love your layout and how you added paint! FAbulous!

Ara said...

The color really blends. It's like a candy. Also I love purple it's like a jam for me. In lieu to your post, I would like to recommend you the stainless steel bento tiffin container. You can stack your lunch in it without any difficulty. It is guaranteed 100% BPA free, durable, reusable and affordable. I'm sure you'll love it. =D