Monday, February 14, 2011

The Studio

social networking site is up and running again. This was one of my favourite places to hang out last year but had to close down for a while. In celebration I have entered their latest challenge (actually not their latest but close enough..). The latest challenge is a card so all my card making friends might want to go check that one out.

Anyway this one was to use green, blue and yellow on a LO. Love these photos but not sure about all that yellow, may have over misted I think...


Ok, for those of you bored by holiday stories you may want to tune out now.

Hue, in central Vietnam is located on The Perfume River and was once the centre of power. It also saw some of the heaviest action during the Vietnam War as it is just south of the DMZ. Along this river is a number of tombs of the old emperors of Vietnam (the last emperor was still around in the early 20th century). To see these tombs you hop on one of theseHighly recommended by the way. This particular story veers somewhat off line as the woman who owned the boat had a 10 yo daughter who obviously helped her mother out. The boat was also the family home. Henry had bought along his old gameboy to play and the he and the girl spent just about all the time huddled together playing. Which was so lovely to see.On the way back they were joined by her brother who must have been all of 12. While they were happily playing together, the rest of us were taking in the scenery. Meaghan and I were up the front watching a huge metal buoy get closer and closer. Surely the boat would be, you know, avoid this thing that resembled a mine. No, apparently the captain was now playing gameboy with Henry...

The impact was loud but no real damage was done (ie we didn't sink or leak more water). And the captain moved faster than I have seen anyone move. No more pacman for him.

Apparently this was all my fault (according to Henry) because
a) I had encouraged him to take the game boy along and
b) I had given birth to him in the first place.


Not sure about this Lo, I used a sketch from Pencil Lines (#224) but I think my interpretation is all over the place.

Will be back later today or tomorrow with the latest Dollies challenge. Have a great day xx

4 comments:

Mia said...

That's hysterical. Glad it wasn't more serious than that. Oh and Henry's right - i'ts all your fault......

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Funny how its always out fault, right??? LOL!! I love love love love both lo's!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that misting on that first one!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with The Studio! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Irini said...

OMG I couldnt stop laughing....are you serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its always the mothers fault!! where have you been mumma????
I adore your layouts....both are fabulous especially the doodling on the first one wow..just love it.
Cant wait for more histerical stories!

Unknown said...

adore your misting! Thanks for playing along at Pencil Lines