Monday, September 19, 2011

Friends




Sketchy Thursday is in partnership with scrap fit this week and have combined this wonderful sketch with the Scrap Fit challenge F is for Friends. And as I had just been out or a celebratory dinner with some of my closest friends, it is a match made for me!!! I have been keen to give scrap fit a try for a while so very glad these challenges overlap nicely!

I have flipped the sketch and used a digi sunburst pp from Little Dreamer Designs which is no longer available. I am really enjoying digi at the moment - I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact my normal scrappy supplies are piled high on my desk and the effort of sorting is too much at the moment....

We had the best night out, had the restaurant to ourselves and the waiter was hilarious. The food was yummy and well priced and the company was spectacular and amusing as usual. And I got presents - bonus!!

And I finally got to give Louise her present (she was sick for her birthday dinner so this has been sitting at home waiting...)
I would love to claim that I did all the stamping and attaching the key but it came like that (from Domayne). I did add the little handle and the hessian and string wrap and the little notebook - very pleased with that.

Just a reminder that there a few more days to enter Southern Girls blog hop- so many very cool prizes.

And Another freaking Scrappy Challenges Exotic Lo still has over a week to run so go check it out.

xxxx

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee that lo!! LOVING the photos and the tree!! And that BOX is AWESOME! I loveeeeeee the burlap! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Irini said...

Love the layout, perfect for a scraplift!!!!!!
As for the album and the box wow wow wow i actually thought you made it and I was going to congratulate you on your creativity!!!
So I will congratulate you on your exquisite taste for a birthday present!!
My birthday is in May hint hint hint.......

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such gorgeous projects! What a perfect accent to add the burlap and jute to the box!! Love your digital take on the sketch and flipping it was so perfect for your LO!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Heather Jacob said...

wow an amazing striking Lo and that gift is just super duper awesome .. beautiful work ... hugz x

TeenaBugg38 said...

Karen this is incredible!! I LOOVEEEEE the LO! I love your box too....what kind of treasures are you going to hide in there?? I have an old wooden cigar box that I keep telling myself I am going to alter but I am so afraid I will mess it up...one of these days I will just throw caution to the wind and see what happens :) Again, LOVE this LO...I think its my fave thing I have seen from you!!!!

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful layout, Karen! I love the subtle colors of it and that tree embellishment is too cute.
The box is stunning and so great you and your friends had such a lovely eve.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me some love... :))

corrie said...

I love how you changed the orientation of the sketch and your non traditional elements. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

lisa said...

Gorgeous page Karen and I just LOVE that box xx

Diana Fisher said...

That box is lovely. And, you ST page is perfection! I love how you switched the layout, and all the little extras are amazing. Great page! :)

Unknown said...

Love hoe you flipped the page! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

sandi said...

Wow! Love your lo...super cool looking! And that box is a lovely gift!

Anne Pennington said...

Great layout - and congrats on being a fave!! I'm posting this on monday's mentions on another Freaking scrappy challenge ... so proud of you girl!!

Mitralee said...

Seriously cool!!! Love both but that box is super dear! Awesome gift!