Thursday, November 24, 2011

Black and White

Two challenges today - and guess which stamp I love from the latest Cocoa Daisy kit? (hint it features in both Lo's....). It's called the Dresden Quilt stamp and it's still available from here, how gorgeous is that??


First up is for the challenge at white with one - this month it is white plus a bright of your choosing and flowers. Unusually for me I choose pink! I was thinking of teal as I have just gotten some really nice teal things, but pink works well for girls, what can I say??? I love this photo of Meaghan and her cousin Holly (no news yet of new baby).



And then an old photo of me and my family off to church. I can't remember if I loved or hated the white woolly hat- - I suspect the later.. But the coat was a dark green velvet trimmed with white furry stuff - very yummy!!

We would leave Mum behind to cook Sunday lunch, which I gather was her time alone. Must have been a relief to pack us all off for a couple of hours esp when we were younger. Then we would pick Nan up and off to mass for an hour. Back to watch 'World of Sport' during winter and cricket over summer. A big roast for lunch. Every Sunday. We don't have set meals like that anymore.

This was inspired by the challenge at Black with Two - Black, lime green and cream. Love black and green together.

Only 8 more sleeps until Matt is back. I think he is heading towards Germany over the next few days. Henry is very excited.

And Meaghan is raking in the money by baby sitting lots of Henry's friends and their younger sister's. Could be a busy month ahead for her.

Ok, have a great day xx

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous lo's! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo of you! :):):):):):):):):):):)

just another day said...

Beautiful page ! love the photo and fab stitching ...thanks for playing along at WW1

Donna said...

I love both these pages - great work.
love the way you have made the big green flower accent and the red one too!

Mitralee said...

Oh oh oh love that green!
And those cool quilty flowers rock! Great job!

Di Garling said...

Great take on the BW2 challenge Karen.
Great paint job & love that flowers. Cheers Di xx

FiKenward said...

Great job on your BW2 page, I especially like that hand made flower. Thanks for playing along.

Marelle said...

Oh wow fab fab page! thanks for playing along with us at BW2

Marelle said...

Oh wow fab fab page! thanks for playing along with us at BW2

Paula said...

Fabulous layouts! Love the flower you created on each page! :)