Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Boxing Day!

Warning, first paragraph contains whinging..

Well, it's the day after the big one and I am officially a zombie. The neighbours have obviously decided to go away yesterday afternoon, leaving their 18yo son in charge. Just before 3am(!!) I dragged myself next door to request them (ok begged) them to please turn the music down... It infiltrated every part of our house and Matt and I are both light sleepers. Luckily the son is a nice kid, just his friends are all dickheads. So annoyed, words will be had (very politely of course, Australians are nothing if not polite) to the parents when they get back.

Other than that Christmas was a great success. The night before we went in search of Christmas lights, only one in three advertised houses were lit up - and we tried to get a look in the world record for number of christmas lights house (I know - Canberra!! who would have thought we could have something interesting!) But this was as close as we could get.



Half of Canberra had turned up on the night (although catching up with Francine was nice) and the line to get in was enormous.

We had a quiet one at home (to be honest we were wishing we were back in Laos again) and the kids got the gifts they wanted and were grateful for them in a nice way. my fav picture - I think Henry may have been happy with this present...

BBQ lunch and leftovers, (mini pavlovas) for tea. A good day.

Off to a friends for a leftover gathering and then to the coast for a few days. Then back to pack our house up. The bank has said yes and we have some initial plans from the builder so hopefully it will all come together in the new year.

And one last card before I go. This was for my very close friend Jo. Love her to pieces. And I used a card sketch from my gorgeous friend Irini's challenge site at Get Creative.

Have a happy week, back on friday with lots of beach pictures, although they may feature rain!

Hope you had a great day. xx

8 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sounds like you had quite a busy day all that and you still managed to make this super card !> Great colours and love your penguin. Thank you for joining us again at Get Creative and best wishes for the coming year.

Marie

TeenaBugg38 said...

ROFLMAO........dickheads.......omg that's funny. Well, not really but just seeing that in print. I have the mind of a 12 year old boy and dirty words still make me giggle....lol. Welp....I seriously question the wisdom of that kiddos parents. I won;t go away for a weekend or holiday until my kids are grown and living on their own cuz i know what I was like as a teenager.....lol. Other than that I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday!!!!! Mine has been very stressful and rather suckish as well....I say next year all of us blog pals run away and meet at an undisclosed location and enjoy each others company!!! Can you tell I have been drinking> LOLOLOL

Mitralee said...

I giggled over dickheads too sorry it was funny! Loved your post but get some rest!

Prediksi Bola said...

JUST WISHING EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

HOPEFULLY see you at BOXING DAY SEW IN

Irini said...

I looooove whingy posts!!!!!! LOL
and you cracked me up I havent heard dickheads in a very long time!!!!
too funny!
love the card!
thanks for taking the time to play along!!!!!!!
lots and lots of hugz....
have a fabulous boozy new year talk soon
irini

EFI said...

Woooow what a lovely card!!! Thank you for joining us again at Get Creative and my best wishes for the coming year 2012!!!

Unknown said...

Such a happy and beautiful card! l love the colour combination of teal-red-white! Thank you for joining us at Get Creative.

I wish you a very happy 2012!

Channa said...

Where do you find the time?such a cute card, happy and healthy 2012. Thanks for playing along with get creative. :-) channa