Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Nana's for AFSC

Well -  two posts in two days!! Huh, who knew I was capable of such prolific output???

Anyway onto the serious stuff - My Nana's. I had two very different Nans - Dad's mum was strongly Catholic with 11 living children (pregnant 16 times according to family tales), a farmer's wife and Mum's mother was married to a bank Manager Mason (how did Mum get away with marrying a catholic?). I'm guessing the few times they met would have been a very polite meeting but not much more.

Anyway, they were both my Nan's so I loved them both. They both lived very long lives, the last 20 or so years without their husbands. Glad I have very clear memories of both.
 
This months challenge at Another Freaking scrappy challenge is -

Use this sketch along with this challenge - Mother’s Day is celebrated in May in some countries – scrap a memory of your mother or grandmother, or another lady who has influenced your life greatly.

 And here are my Nan's, Alice and Dulcie -



Come and play, would love to read about some important women in your life.

I have also been playing along at The Lilypad again - this is for a template challenge -





And this one is for their random challenge - use a photo more then three years old - wasn't Henry a cutie back then??

The big thing that is making me happy at the moment is that the Interior designer has sent back some initial plans for the house and there are cupboards everywhere!!! Yay!!! I thought she just did colours but she hasn't even started on those yet - she has plotted every drawer, every little nook in the house - huge job - and the walk in pantry will be close to the size of our current kitchen - may just move in there..

and Irini, sorry to say they just laughed at me when I suggested a mini bar in the guest room...sigh.


have a good one and don't forget come and play with us!!

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

ADORE your 'heart' banner - never seen anything like it...very original:):) And your son's eyes.....yummy..so cute!!!!! Cupboards...sigh....sounds great. Are you having a scrappy area? That would be pretty amazing to have one from scratch!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are beautiful!!! I loveeeeee the story of your two Nana's!

wendipooh13 said...

great pages!!! super fun and what a lil cutie!!! sooo sweet!! how fun about lots of storage coming!!!!