Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I've done it!!


Finally gotten my paper out and made a real life paper and glue page!! I was surprised at how intimidated I was at the thought of attempting it. I kept it fairly simple and was eventually was pleased with the result. I need to get out my sewing machine now - that would've added a bit of movement I think...

This is my littlest nephew, Dylan. Very, very cute and quite a happy child. Just about to start walking.

To help me take the big leap I used the latest sketch from Scrap Friends.

Starting two things this week - first is Shimelles latest class -


Should be fun and get me right back into the swing of things. Lots of ideas for using patterned papers.

Second is to get serious about getting fitter and losing excess baggage. I am ready and I figure if I go public, that will keep me on track. As of this morning I weigh 75.8kg. I need to lose about 10kg to get to my healthy weight range. This is esp necessary as there is a history of diabetes in my family and I have the worst body shape (apple) for this disease.

So now the house is settled, the kids are at school, I can concentrate on myself for a while. And I know it will be hard work, sigh.

So I will have a Monday weigh in each week and will put it on my blog. That should help me along.

And to finish, a fun LO. Lots of fun Halloween digi kits around, we don't do Halloween, although it is a growing thing in Australia. But I really, really wanted a couple of kits. Instant gratification won out...


Mostly Michelle Godin's Wickedest Witch kit.

and my new signature on the Lilypad - 

The skull is my new fav embellie...

Off to see Billy Bragg tonight, Geoff and I have been out twice in two weeks, phew - our social life is the envy of all...(ok, I think that doubles our outings in the past 6 months).

byeee..


13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are awesome!! I love love love the witches feet!!!!

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh love love your page!!! super cool.. and congrats on getting into shape.. I'm working on that too, esp since having the baby, I totally need it!! LOVE the sigi, cute witches legs!!!

Gina said...

great pages!..love your take on the SF sketch..gorgeous colours and textures!..thanks so much for joining in at ScrapFriends! :)

Gwen Wruck said...

Both super cool pages, love the SF take what a cutie! Love the layers and how well everything has come together. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Scrap Friends.

Lizzy Hill said...

Y'know your page [Scrap Friends - thanks for joining in ma friend, glad we were able to in-spire you to break out the REAL scrappy supplies!!!]is good if I comment on it from RUSSIA...not joking...in Sochi atm...leaving tonight for some other unpronouncable place....LOVE your tape, LOVE even more your banner & the texture & the way you create movement is almost as yummy as the food they keep shoving down our faces here...will join you on the weight losing thingy IF i can manage to roll off this ship!!!!! Missing your house blog too...but internet time is hideously expensive on the boat & of course, this being Russia we can only go onshore on bus tours...visas are too expensive [on purpose, I'm sure] to allow us to wander alone....sigh...so I guess I just better go fill in the time by eating some more:):):) Take care, GREAT to see you at SF....TTYL:):):)

Shannon91 said...

Whaou, de superbes créations !!! gros coup de coeur pour la première ...
Bizz

Mitralee said...

Dude!!!!! Love your real life paper page and is that great sketch or what!!!!

Halloween is really fun to scrap!!! I am going as a Greek goddess...wearing gold heals can't imagine what trouble I might get into....

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous :)

Natalie Elphinstone said...

I can't survive without cracking out my sewing machine on all my layouts so I would have to agree ;-) But no, I think you've done a fabulous job with this paper and glue page! Thanks for sharing your fabulous layout with us at Scrap Friends.

Sanna said...

looove your take on the sketch! gorgeous details and such a cute pic! thanks so much for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!

Laetitia67 said...

woawww such a beautiful LO!!! love it!!
bizzzzzzzzzz

Em Stafrace said...

OMG love your paper LO hun all those bits and bobs have got me all inspired :)) xox

Sanna said...

congrats on your win - have fun!!