Monday, November 5, 2012

I think/I know...

- I have spent a bit too much money on digi scrapping supplies over the past 24 hours...

But in self justification mode - it is international Digi scrapping weekend and the specials and freebies have been too good to turn down AND I haven't spent very much on paper scrapping supplies for a couple of months now. So all good (in my mind anyway - needn't mention this little spending spree to Geoff - who needs to pay off our new house anyway??)

Ok, back to normal stuff - Another Freaking Scrappy challenge has the Nov challenge up and I am so looking forward to seeing your responses on this one - tell us about your first job (or near enough).


Mine was working as a strapper - and I think I've had this conversation before - it is not a misprint...

Every weekend I would head off to a little town or a big city show and spend the whole time getting progressively dirtier - suited me perfectly. I was not much of a rider to be honest but I loved getting the horses ready.  It was during the 80's and the showjumping scene was full of excesses. Alan Bonds daughter was heavily into it so Mr Bond (just before going bankrupt and heading to jail) threw alot of money to the upper levels to try to get his daughter into the Olympic team (successfully I believe). The person I worked for was top 10 at the time so I got to observe alot of rich people up close and boy are they a bit odd... Fun times.


I then went to uni  and onto the more glorified part time jobs of furniture removalist and kitchen hand - sigh...

And just a quick page about me for a Lilypad challenge -

 Abit of fun...

Back with more pages tomorrow - cheers xx

PS Welcome back Lizzy - so completely jeaous of your trip and can't wait to hear about it.

5 comments:

Mitralee said...

Dude!! Love that you were a strapped!! Love your page!!!! And the one about you supercool!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee these!!! Sounds like a great job you had!! LOVING the colors and the photos!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Lizzy crust would be impressed with the strapping too...YOU WON STUFF at scrap friends....did ya see????? Freebies...see, that's what happens when you spend money. The universe evens things out...thanks for the welcome..so pleased you've won paper. Real paper:):):)
Love the lily pad lo...interesting facts there:):):)

TeenaBugg38 said...

I had to reread cuz I thought it said STRIPPER!!!! Love both of these pages girly! And you deserve to spend some money on some fun scrappy goodies....retail therapy is good for the soul :)

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh great pages!!!! Super fun!!! you are rockin the digi...