Sunday, January 20, 2013

Finally Back

My blog world has been ignored since before Christmas, now we are back from various trips. This last week has been spent at Mum and Dad's. It has been a very hot week, not coincidentally they have a pool so we spent most of our time swimming. It reached 43 C, not quite as bad as Sydney but still...

Cool change came through and was even a bit col last night.

While I was away, two new challenges that I am involved with have been published.

Firstly, my second guest designer spot at Get Creative. (Have I mentioned how much I love this site??)




I love this sketch, so much to my style.


Henry has always been afraid of dogs, somewhat of a problem when staying with Geoff's sister as they have a dog who lives inside. Henry was wary but slowly he became more and more intrigued with Mannny. He loved the idea of being able to give the dog a command and he would (mostly) obey.

By the end of a few days together, Henry loved taking him for runs (Manny had to be on a leash as we were in the country and he would take off if outside, as happened on new years eve were he went straight for the ducks in the dam and took half an hour to get him back). So good for Henry to spend time with him.

And then over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, another sketch. This was trickier for me as I don't feel comfortable doing lots of photos, but quite happy with the end result.




I flipped it, and changed some of the photo styles. all ok...

So now I am settled in, I would love to come by and visit your blogs.

And I still need to draw the winner of my Christmas blog hop for Child's Play - so this week will be busy.

Ps - while I was away the carpenters came back to work on the house (yay) and we now have a good part of the second floor under way (windows- eek!!), man it is starting to look big...


Will update house blog this week as well. 

Have good week xx

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving your lo's!! They are gorgeous!! And so exciting about the house!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Yep, feel so ignored.....but that's OK, I'll forgive you going away & sitting in a pool in that hot weather....the house looks fabulous! And I LOVE that top LO...you're so right, it's just 'you' & that wood pp...you always make it look fabbo. I really, really like how you manipulated that AFSC sketch...clever! And looks really great...good on H for getting over his dog fear, too...nice doggo, I must say:):):) It was 44.3 here...just saying:):)!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.